Ok I got a wild hair and decided to try to make my own pizza tonight. You know what I discovered? MAKING PIZZA ROCKS!
Yes you can get a five buck pizza but this is better for you and really surprisingly awesome. Note that even though the crust is a quick “no-rise” version it came out great. The sausage I used was precooked bratwurst style. All you do is take off the casing and crumble up the innards. I made this a supreme pizza because I wanted to compare homemade to what we usually buy. You can totally use whatever toppings you want.
This was a lot easier than I thought it would be and a lot of fun to put together exactly how you want it too. I will be making more of this in the future!
- 2 1/2 cups of bread flour
- 1 cup hot water (hot from the tap hot)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Turkey Pepperoni
- Italian Sausage
- Bell Pepper
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Black Olive slices
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix the hot water, sugar and yeast and let set for 10 minutes. ( It should be foamy on top by then )
- Add the flour, oil and salt and mix until the dough forms and pulls away from the bowl.
- Put dough on floured surface and roll out to about 1/4" thick.
- Lightly grease and dust with corn meal a pan or stone.
- Put rolled dough on pan (stretching a bit as needed) and roll edges up a bit.
- Spread sauce** on and then top with cheese followed by the other toppings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
**Can't find pizza sauce?
I couldn't find sauce specifically for pizza so I bought a good spicy pasta sauce (look for one that looks thick probably not Ragu). Dump the jar of sauce in a pan and bring to a boil.Turn down heat and let reduce while you are making the crust dough.The thickened sauce worked and tasted awesome. 🙂