This is a great biscuit recipe especially if it is just you and your significant other as it makes 6. You can find the original recipe here –
https://sugarspunrun.com/easy-homemade-biscuits/#wprm-recipe-container-13245 . I put it here so I do not lose it AND that web site is super annoying ><. Picture coming soon!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250g)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter very cold (85g), unsalted European butter is ideal, but not required
- 3/4 cup whole milk (177ml)
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a cookie sheet with nonstick parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Shred the butter into small pieces and then add to the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and mix til the dough comes together.
- Transfer your biscuit dough to a well-floured surface and use your hands to gently work the dough together. If the dough is too sticky, add flour until it is manageable.
- Fold in half over itself and use your hands to gently flatten layers together. Rotate the dough 90 degrees and fold in half again, repeating this step 5-6 times.
- Use your hands to flatten the dough to 1″ thick and using a 2 3/4″ round biscuit cutter cut biscuits and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake on 425F for 12 minutes or until tops are beginning to just turn lightly golden brown.
- If desired, brush with melted salted butter immediately after removing from oven.