These cookies are really really good and great to make when you need to finish off a partial bag of raisins, chocolate chips or nuts too. In my oven I have been getting stellar results with a bright silver baking slick (cookie sheet with no edges) and parchment paper. A dark pan with silicon mat is giving me a much darker bottom on the cookies for the exact amount of time. Also, and I have not figured this out, your cookies will spread much easier on the parchment – the parchment and silver pan produced much lighter textured cookies that were .5-1″ bigger than the dark pan with a silicon mat. I <3 parchment paper! This recipe is based on this one from food.com.
OMG Everything Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Soften your butter and then cream together with the white and brown sugar.
- When the butter and sugar is well combined add in the egg and mix until totally combined.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the mixing bowl with the butter mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add in raisins, walnuts and chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment lined (or greased) cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool a full 5 minutes. These are nice light cookies and you will wreck them if you do not let them cool.