- 2 sticks Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- 1 ¼ cups Rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and continue mixing until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and coconut in another bowl
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing as you go, until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on greased or lined cookie sheet.
- About 6 per sheet. They spread A LOT.
- Flatten the balls with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 8-10 minutes or until light brown. The edges will get a bit browner than the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet.
- Then remove them from the cookie sheet and let them finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Store in tight container until ready to eat