Jump to recipe
Alright here is a great recipe for a fast everyday eating pie that I bet you will love!
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie*
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cinnamon and Sugar blend for dusting
- Unbaked Pie crust dough (for top and bottom)
- Put the berries in a big bowl and add the sugar and flour. Stir, stir, stir until no white is left showing. Your done when you have purple goop and berries in the bowl.
- Line a pie plate with half the dough*
- Fill and spread the berry mixture in the pie plate.
- Dot with butter - fancy way of saying put 5 butter pats on top evenly spaced.
- Put the top crust on, roll and crimp the edges to seal. Cut steam slits in the top crust.
- Wash the top with milk and a brush. (Use only as much milk as you need for this)
- Dust on the cinnamon and sugar.
- Pop it into 425 degree oven for 15 minutes then reduce the temp to 375 degrees and let bake 22 to 25 minutes.
* You can use the Pillsbury pie dough sheets found in the cooler at the store – they are pretty darn tasty.
If you are wondering what 4 cups of blackberries looks like …
Also if you can not get fresh – 2 1lb bags of frozen is about right too.