Jump to recipe
This right here is some super spectacular beef jerky. This disappears faster than cookies in my house! Note that it is pretty spicy so if you have a tender mouth cut back on the pepper. The recipe calls for flank steak but that can be pricey so I generally use a London broil.
This recipe is one by Alton Brown the Good Eats guy and can be found here. He also gives you directions on using a fan and AC filters to make a low buck dehydrator. I have a real dehydrator so I give directions for that here.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak (or London Broil/any lean cut of meat really)
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Trim any fat from your meat.
- Cut your meat into thin strips. To make this easier half freeze/thaw the meat.
- Put the strips of meat into a gallon ziplock bag with all the ingredients listed above.
- Seal the bag and shake, shake, shake until the meat is good and coated.
- Place bag in fridge for 8 hours to marinate.
- Arrange strips of meat on dehydrator trays so that they are not touching.
- Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 11 hours.