Ok this is a delicious recipe to kick a bland ol chicken breast up to juicy, tangy, mouth watering heights! This includes the little tweaks for my kitchen but you can find the original here – https://littlespicejar.com/one-skillet-chicken-with-lemon-garlic-cream-sauce/
Pair this with a big baked potato and you will have a happy tummy!
Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
*skillet must be oven safe
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth (1tsp chicken bullion to 1 cup boiling water)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Mix together broth, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and garlic
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet* on medium high.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth mixture. Let the sauce reduce to about 1/3 cup.
- Take the skillet off the heat and put in the butter and whisk until melted and browned a bit.
- Add in the heavy cream and mix mix mix.
- Tilt the skillet to collect the sauce to one side and put the chicken back in the pan.
- Throughly coat each piece of chicken with the sauce.
- Place whole skillet in the oven for 8 minutes.