Guinness Beef Stroganoff
Jump to recipe
Not the most inspiring looking dish in the world but when cooked right it is one of my favorites. If your only experience with beef stroganoff is Hamburger Helper you really have to try this recipe!
- 2 lb Chuck Roast
- 1 Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning ( or equal parts salt and ground pepper )
- 1/2 cup marinade or Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 pint Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 bottle Guinness
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 bag egg noodles
- Cut the chuck roast into bite sized pieces about 1/2 inch thick and place in ziploc bag with seasoning (or salt and pepper) and marinade. Let set at least 30 minutes.
- Put the olive oil in a large heavy pan and brown the chuck roast over medium high heat.
- Remove the meat to a bowl with a slotted spoon or tongs.
- Dump onion and fresh mushrooms into the pan and cook until the onion starts to clear and becomes tender.
- With a slotted spoon etc remove the onions and mushrooms to the bowl with the meat (not important to get every little bit) and whisk in the 1 Tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Whisk together 1 cup of Guinness and the 4 Tbsp of flour and stir into the pan juices until thickened.
- Return the meat and onion mix to the pan, give it a good stir, then put a lid on and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- While your meat is simmering prepare the egg noodles following the package directions. After you drain the cooked noodles immediately stir in 2-3 pats of butter (salted if you have it).
- When you are ready to serve stir the 1/2 cup sour cream into the meat mixture.