Butter Wafer Cookies
Ok this recipe comes from here - https://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/butter-wafer-cookies/ Be warned this site has a full page of blah blah blah before the recipe.
These cookie are good default soft cookies for serving with something else. Ice cream, coffee or tea etc. They are not crisp like a snickerdoodle or chocolate chip cookie. I will do another version of this cookie soon that will be crisp and buttery. I want a good cinnamon,-vanilla-butter taste that is right on the edge of too much butter. I am posting this version because this makes a very proper "tea biscuit" and could be enhanced with extract flavoring like almond or orange.
- 1 stick butter, softened*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt*
*if you use salted butter omit the additional salt in this recipe
- Preheat to 350F.
- Line one or two baking sheets with parchment or silicon mats. (If you use two you do not have to wait for the sheet to cool completely between batches)
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in egg, vanilla, salt*, flour until combined.
- With a regular spoon, spoon out small (1"-1.5") globs about 3" apart.
- Optional - sprinkle some Turbinado Sugar on each glob for a little sparkle.
- Cook 8-9 minutes until the edges of the cookies start to brown.
- Let set for a few minutes then move to a wire rack. If you are using one sheet let cool for 5 minutes before reloading.