Here is the chocolate cake I have made for many a birthday. Again this is for safe keeping and for my “now adult” kiddos should they want to make this. You can find the orignal recipes – Chocolate Cake II
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot, strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla, mix until smooth. Stir in the hot coffee last. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.