Here is my version of enchilada sauce. Not likely authentic but it is very tasty and quick to make. For a more authentic sauce click here!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 12oz beer (Mexican lager)
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bullion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat then add flour and chili powder.
- Whisk until flour browns (5-7 minutes)
- Gradually add the tomato sauce and beer while stirring.
- Add the remaining spices.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stiring, for 10 minutes or until the sauce starts to reduce.