Jump to recipe
This sauce is delicious on spaghetti or baked ziti! Ditch all the sugar and gunk in the jar sauces – I promise you will not regret it! After I make this I separate it into four containers and pop em into the freezer. If you are cooking for one or two it makes things super simple.
This sauce has 158 calories per serving.
*If you are sensitive to spice omit the red pepper flakes.
- 28oz can of Whole Tomatoes (San Marzano if available)
- 2 tsp Oregano
- .5 tsp Red Pepper Flakes*
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Chopped Medium Onion
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy sauce pan
- Cook on medium high heat until bubbling rapidly (high simmer)
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Let simmer 45minutes
- (optional) Blend with immersion blender til smooth. Omit this step for chunky sauce.