Yep this is not that mamby-pamby, tiny noodled, water-thin can soup. This is a friggin meal in a bowl and feels wonderful in yer tummy when you have a cold…. or when you don’t have a cold for that matter. Been a favorite around here for awhile!
Hardcore Chicken Noodle Soup
Category Soup for you!
- 1-2lb Chicken Thigh Meat (boneless is handy)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans mixed vegetables
- 1 bag of Reames frozen homestyle egg noodles
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 1 tsp of basil
- 2 bay leafs
- salt and pepper to taste (likely at least 1tsp of each)
- Pressure cook the thigh meat (approx 30 minutes) debone (if needed) and shred.
- Add meat, cream of chicken soup, broth, mixed vegetables and spices to the broth in the pressure cooker. (The extra can of broth is necessary because the noodles suck it up like a sponge)
- Stir, stir, stir until the cream of chicken soup is incorporated.
- Bring the soup to a boil and the add the noodles. Cook for 10 minutes to cook the noodles.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer until ready to serve (unless you are making this waay ahead of course)