Spicy Beer Baked Chicken
Jump to recipe
Sometimes, often really now that I think about it, simple things can be the best of things. This is one of those. I serve this with re-fried beans, corn and warm tortillas. Hot sauce and shredded cheese on the table to stuff into those tasty tortillas along with the chicken. It is simple, low cost and always satisfying.
If you do use the spice I have linked do note that it truly is spicy. I may be a gringo but I am quite used to spicy food - so when I say it is hot - it is hot! Dust do not dump this spice on!
- 1 can of beer
- 2 or more chicken breast fillets
- Toni Chachere's More Spice seasoning (or chili powder and cumin)
- Salt ( flavored sea salt is nice if you have it)
- Pepper (cracked pepper if you have it)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Lay the chicken breast fillets in a 9x13 pan (or whatever fits)
- Liberally dust with the spice, salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Gently add beer around the edges of the fillets so as not to disturb the seasoning too much. Add enough that fillets are half submerged.
- Stick pan in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Drink the rest of the beer while you are waiting.